Thursday, February 19, 2009

Dumplings

I just got back from Wegmans, where, in addition to my normal grocery shopping, I impulsively bought myself some Asian food for lunch. I've had better vermicelli noodles, but the dumplings really are good. It probably has a lot to do with the fact that I absolutely love dumplings in general. Whenever I go to Chinese buffets, my plate immediately gets filled up with their sushi and dumplings and various dim sum. Otherwise, I don't get to eat them, since we don't have many good Chinese places near where I live.

Anyway, I have no idea what makes them so delicious. I know there are many varieties, but so far I've only met a handful I didn't like, and quite honestly, that only tends to be because they're watered down versions of the real thing, if that makes sense. I guess the combination of what-have-you in a bize-shell shell.

I also think it's a little strange that a lot of things I don't generally like, like pork or soy sauce, can still taste really good when put in dumpling form.

No comments: