Sunday, December 28, 2008

Honey

I've neglected this blog a bit. I'm going to blame a lack of inspiration, and general vacation laziness.

That said- honey is delicious. Not by itself, but it goes really well with a number of things. One of my favorite lazy breakfasts is a piece of bread with a little bit of butter (I'm not the biggest fan of butter) and honey. So good. I also remember one meeting of Latin club in high school where the moderator brought us dried dates and honey, which was beyond yummy. Also, it's a wonderful sweetener. I don't use it in my chai, because I don't like the way the flavors come together, but it's perfect for green tea (I like my drinks sweet). It also tastes wonderful in warm milk. I drink it if I really can't sleep, but I hate the way it tastes by itself. Add a little honey, and it's delicious.

Eventually, I want to try to bake with honey. As I don't really have my own kitchen right now, it's hard, but one day I am going to experiment. Before that, I need to learn about the different types of honey, as there are apparently a lot.

I also happen to have an unshakable belief in the health benefits of honey, mostly in relation to sore throats and coughs. I'm not sure why I have such faith in some things, but at least it's never unfounded. When I woke up this morning with a sore throat, I took a spoonful of honey, and it immediately went away, and wasn't nearly as bad until evening.

No comments: